Budget Payment Plan allows residential and business customers to budget their expenses and avoid the surprise of an unexpected, higher than normal, energy bill when the weather changes.
With Budget Payment Plan, your annual energy bill is averaged over the past year, a small percentage is added to cover environmental factors and changing fuel costs, then you will pay the resulting amount every month. Your account will be reviewed periodically and necessary adjustments will be made based on your actual usage.
Nearly 35,000 CPS Energy residential customers have already used the Budget Payment Plan to manage their energy bills at home. To help businesses become better prepared for the unexpected, CPS Energy has launched a Budget Payment Plan for 2020.
So what are you waiting for? Sign up today!
Here are a few guidelines:
- If you’ve been a CPS Energy customer for at least a year and have a good payment history, you are eligible to use the Budget Payment Plan.
- You must be current on your utility bill to apply for this program.
- After you have been on the plan for one year, we’ll calculate any difference between your average bill and your actual monthly usage. Then we’ll settle any debit or credit balance that remains.
- If, after a year, you have a debit balance of $300 or more, we’ll allow you to pay it on a 12-month installment plan; it will appear automatically as a separate item on your monthly bill.
- If, after a year, you have a debit balance less than $300 OR a credit balance, we will apply it to your monthly bill.
Sign up for Manage My Account so you can try our Budget Payment Plan.