System Maintenance: Starting Monday, 1/24/2022 at 8:00 PM to 10:00 PM, Alert Preferences and SMS text Outage reporting may not be available during this time. You may report an outage online or by calling (210) 353-4357. Our Storm Center Map may not be available during this maintenance. 

All Walk-in Customer Service Centers have modified their hours of operation to Monday through Friday, 10:30AM to 5:00PM. This change will remain in effect until further notice. We encourage the use of a face-covering at any CPS Energy facility. If you have tested positive, or a family member has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days, please use our online tools or call 210-353-2222 for assistance. Please do not visit our customer service center if you have COVID-19 symptoms. Service Disconnections for non-payment resumed in 2021. If you are experiencing financial hardship, we urge you to contact us for help. Call us at 210-353-2222 or online at cpsenergy.com/assistance. Stay up to date by following us on Facebook Twitter. More info: Newsroom Events.

Indoor Safety

Make your home a safety zone

Plugs1

Don't overlook the obvious. Keep safety in mind with common household appliances you use every day.

  • Don't overload circuits by inserting too many plugs into a single outlet
  • Install safety covers on all unused outlets kids can reach, and replace any missing or broken wall plates
  • Make sure all plugs fit securely into outlets; loose-fitting plugs can overheat and lead to fire
  • Avoid overloading outlets with too many appliances
  • Replace any cords or extension cords when they are frayed or cracked
  • Place cords away from traffic areas, but not under carpeting or rugs
  • Use extension cords on a temporary basis; they are not intended as permanent wiring
  • Keep space heaters and halogen floor lamps at least three feet away from combustible materials
  • Turn off space heaters and halogen lamps whenever you leave the room, and don't use them where children are unsupervised
  • Turn pot handles toward the back of the range to prevent children from reaching and pulling down a hot pan
  • Protect electrical outlets with Ground-Fault Circuit Interrupters (GFCIs); hire an electrician to install these devices to protect electrical receptacles near water
  • Never use the kitchen range/oven as a space heater
  • Don’t touch a wet appliance, if it is plugged in; first, turn off the power source at the panel board (circuit breaker box) and then unplug the appliance